If you are a diehard fan of coconut oil exfoliator, then dive right into my own very personal collection of tried and tested easy homemade coconut oil sugar scrub recipes plus a variety of other yummy ingredients.
I am obsessed with coconut oil. I am a die hard fan of its aroma; I love how naturally it is cruelty-free and I love when applied on hairs it leaves hair and scalp very silky smooth. Coconut oil sugar scrub is one of the best scrubs that you can make at home which can give your super moisturizing properties and endless possibilities.
My hobby is to try out home recipes first and then share, so let me tell you I have tried and tested granulated sugar, fine sugar, brown sugar, and raw sugar with added ingredients like essential oils; powdered spice and citrus peels for my dearest readers, and let me share my personal secrets, each and every recipe gave me astonishing results.
Top Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Recipes for Face, Lips, Hands and Body
To start of the basic coconut oil sugar scrub recipe required just only two ingredients: coconut oil and sugar and I bet these two ingredients are available in your kitchen.
My preference is to go with coarse sugar for coconut oil body scrubs instead of fine-grain sugar as you can easily use this scrub while going out on a beach wearing bikini. I personally prefer using the fine sugar grains for sensitive areas of the body like face and lips. Like coconut oil sugar scrubs, my personal Lip oil recipes are equally promising.
In case, if you are a sun bath lover and spend your weekend on lovely beaches, then Coconut Oil Body Scrub for bikini lover is a must use homemade recipe. The Sugar grains work wonder they will exfoliate your skin and the coconut oil will moisturize your skin.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Coarse grain sugar 2 cup
- Coconut oil 1/2 cup
We just need to heat coconut oil slightly and then pour it into a glass jar and add sugar in it, then mix the two ingredients nicely and refrigerate.
How to use:
- You should make sure that you stir the coconut oil body scrub mixture before use.
- Take a spoon full in your hand and spread it on your body near bikini area and gently massage in a circular motion.
- After exfoliation, thoroughly wash off the scrub using water.
- Pat dry your skin. You won’t even need an after-shower body lotion after this therapeutic coconut oil body massage.
Coconut Oil Foot Scrub with Peppermint
This coconut oil foot scrub with peppermint is my personal favorite. After a chaotic day of running after my little champs, my feet are literally crying for a relaxing foot bath and this foot scrub exfoliates all traces of fatigue and exhaustion.
Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Coconut oil 1/4 cup
- Shea butter 1/4 cup
- Sugar coarse grain 2 cup
- Peppermint essential oil 5 drops
- Tea tree essential oil 3 drops
Directions to use coconut oil foot scrub: Take a spoon full of foot scrub and spread it all over your feet. Gently massage in a circular direction. Once you are done scrubbing both feet, wash them thoroughly and pat dry before applying a foot cream.
Coconut Oil Scrub with Coffee and Sugar
My favorite DIY list includes many natural ingredients, to say the least, I am a diehard fan of cocoa body scrubs and being a DIY enthusiast, I have always been trying out different variations of DIY coffee body scrub recipes. I am a die hard fan of coffee and believe me aroma of coffee bean is sometime enough to rejuvenate me. This Coconut Coffee scrub includes antioxidants which helps reduce cellulite and exfoliate your skin naturally.
- Ground coffee 1 cup
- Coconut Oil 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
Directions to make Coffee Body Scrub:
- Take coconut oil and heat it lightly pour it in a bowl and mix all the ingredients after they become one mixture, you should pour the mixture in an airtight container so that it can be used for a longer period of time.
- You should use this scrub before bath, all you need to do is, use the mixture and with soft hands massage your body for 5 to 10 minutes and then take the bath and see the remarkable results.
- This coconut coffee body scrub has a very limited shelf life, you can only store it for maximum of two weeks, so you should prepare the scrub according to your need.
Citrus Coconut Oil and Sugar Face Scrub
One-million-dollar advice always remember to use use fine sugar for facial scrubs; sharp edges of granulated sugar particles can cause skin abrasion. Citrus peels will not only exfoliate but also deep cleanse the skin bringing out the glow where as coconut oil will retain the skin’s moisture.
Do you have acne on your face, then the ingredients like Tea tree essential oil can help you get rid of it with its natural anti septic properties and with regular use of this scrub you can control acne.
Similarly, if you have having ageing signs on your face, then Rose hip essential oil can help you control the fine lines with its rich antioxidants and anti ageing properties. This coconut citrus sugar scrub is safe for sensitive body parts and you can comfortable use it as a lip scrub as well.
One of the biggest advantages of this homemade recipe is that you can use this coconut oil sugar scrub on your face and lips and if you are the one fighting with dry skin then this is a must try body scrub for you.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Coconut oil 1/2 cup
- Citrus peels 2 Tbsp (dried and powdered)
- Fine Sugar 1 cup
- Vitamin E capsule 3 (400mg)
- Tea tree essential oil 5 drops
- Rose hip essential oil 5 drops
Directions to make and use coconut face scrub:
- Cut the vitamin capsules and empty it into a clean bowl, mix all ingredients together into the same bowl. Pour this scrub into clean airtight jars.
- Damp your face with a face towel or just splash some water, take a spoon full of scrub and gently rub it in a circular motion on your face.
- Thoroughly, yet very gently scrub the forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, neck and behind the ears.
- Count to 10 while scrubbing in clockwise direction then switch to anti clockwise circular motion while counting to ten again. This goes for each facial feature.
- Avoid scrubbing under the eyes. The skin under your eyes is extremely sensitive, never use exfoliators under eyes.
Lemon Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub Secret Recipe
One of the easiest scrub recipes, all you need is coconut oil, lemon and one essential oil, there is one thing to remember, this coconut oil sugar scrub shelf live is very short so it will be better to make them in small batches, it is completely safe to use this scrub on your face, lips, hands, and body.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Coconut oil 1/2 Cup
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Tea Tree Oil 10 drops
- Lemon 1 Tbsp
Directions to make and use Lemon coconut face scrub:
- Take a bowl and slightly heat the coconut oil for at least 35 to 45 seconds in the microwave.
- Now take another bowl and move coconut oil in it and mix sugar in it and blend them nicely.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix them well.
- Your homemade scrub is ready for use, now move it to a glass or jar and use it as and when required.
List of Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Benefits
- One thing you should know is, coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and can help you to prevent dry skin and flaky skin conditions and when we include sugar in this scrub, with its humectant properties, it helps draw moisture from the environment thus help you keep your skin hydrated.
- Coconut oil kills harmful bacteria, with its natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties when used regularly on skin, it can help you prevent many skin issues which are caused by the bacteria.
- Coconut oil and Sugar can help you get rid of dead skin cells from your body with regular use, Sugar granules are less abrasive then salts granules, so they can easily help your skin growth, clear your skin from dirt and if applied after makeup, it can easily remove all makeup traces from your face.
- Coconut oil is enrich with antioxidant properties which can help you protect your skin from environmental damages plus it help your skin as a preventive measure against cellular breakdown hence help you get rid of premature aging signs.
- Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub is safe to be used on your face, lips, body and sensitive areas. Since ages many women use it as their secret weapon against razor bumps and ingrown hairs. You can use this scrub in areas where you get most of your ingrown hairs which curl up inside your skin and with the regular use of this scrub you will see remarkable results against those annoying ingrown hairs.
- Who knew that two simple ingredients like coconut and sugar could have these many benefits, right? Let’s check how you can make a simple DIY coconut oil and sugar scrub at home.
- Lemon Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Secret Recipe
- One of the easiest scrub recipes, all you need is coconut oil, lemon and one essential oil, there is one thing to remember, this coconut oil sugar scrub shelf live is very short so it will be better to make them in small batches, it is completely safe to use this scrub on your face, lips, hands, and body.
1 thought on “Best Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Recipes Ever”